Friday, July 12, 2013

Vintage at it's best!

I have been drooling over this postcard stamp since it was released and finally got my paws on one and made this card! I'm besotted with it and have several all colored up ready to go!


It is a Joy Craft Clear Stamp - Floral Flourishes 6410/0044 and I call it the Old Rose!

I stamped it onto off white card stock and distress it with Pumice Stone, Tea Dye and a hint of Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo around the edges, trimmed it down and mounted it onto burgundy card stock.
The background stamp is a B-Line Design stamp CTD015G Damask Collage and one of my favorites! This stamp was 'ponced' with Pumice Stone and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks and stamped and had a little distressing treatment the same as the postcard. It was also mounted onto a burgundy background and had sheer organza ribbon and beautiful antique lace from my stash, wrapped on the left side.  I die cut the Joy Craft Corner 6002/0135 out of the burgundy card stock and attached it to the top right corner. I brought my lovely Nellie Snellen Floral Punch set FLP031 out of hibernation and punched leaves for my paper rose mounted in the left bottom corner. Of course pearls had to be added to finish off the vintage classic!

I loved this card and feel a 'mass production' may well be on the cards, excuse the pun!

I'm starting to feel the joy creep back into my soul and am having a creative surge, so may well be posting more regularly. Thank you to all who so sweetly left me kind words, hugs and encouragement after my last post. It was the bottom of a dark period and thanks be to God, I'm well and truly 'lifted' by all your love and prayers. God Bless you, one and all!

Enjoy the weekend and thanks so much for the visit!

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh Moz, this is a real beauty. Agreed, that postage stamp is stunning. I may have something similar amongst my stash and must haul it out again to play with. Stunning finishing touches those pearls, they are my favourite embellishments too. Pleased your spirits have lifted somewhat and wishing you a fabulous crafty weekend. Roll on hometime... I want to go PLAY! hugs Shazi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you wanted that stamp. It is lovely. Your card is exquisite. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling more joyful and positive. You are such an inspiration. keep creating! lotsaluv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have used the stamp Moz...Your beautiful card is full of wonderful detail....so glad to hear you are more positive & happy... Have a great weekend... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you sound just like me Moz, I have recently ordered this stamp, too, it's such a must-have, isn't it? Love how you coloured it with those warm reds, really lovely! Hugs, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beauty Moz! Love this image and you did a wonderful job with it.
    Amelia X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Moz I can see why you love the stamp it really makes the card pop off the page. Adorable vintage feel and the colours chosen are so pretty.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Moz, stunning card and I'm happy to hear the joy back in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Moz! I love that die cut corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I love the stamped image and lovely embellishments.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so great - beautiful stamping!
    Thanks for joining us at FSC!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Moz, certainly is a beautiful stamp! And such a beautiful card you have created with it, just love the colours and the design. Thanks so much for sharing it with us this fortnight at FSC. Good luck in the prize draw.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz