Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge # 60- Spring Flowers

This is my first Design Team assignment for Sugar Creek Hollow and the challenge is "Spring Flowers".It starts today, 4th May 2013 and runs for two weeks.

Our sponsor for this challenge is our very own Heather A. Hudson a.k.a. "My Artistic Adventures". Heather has an Etsy store where she sells her amazing designs. Please do pop over for a visit at her store

If you love Vintage and Shabby Chic, you will find images that will delight you! Heather is sponsoring 3 COLLAGE SHEETS from her Etsy Shop as the Random Winner Prize from all the entries received in this challenge, so please, get creating and link your entry at Sugar Creek Hollows blog!


Here is my take on 'Spring Flowers' using the Collage Sheet from Heather. I decided to stay with the hearts theme that the sheet presented and made a card that could be used for a Spring Wedding or Engagement.



I decided to make a pocket card with a tag insert. The pocket inner was stamped with a script stamp and the edges were distressed and inked with the same color.
I knew I had to use lace to compliment this lovely image and was thrilled to find this stunning piece of lace in my lace box. It is so soft and pretty and suited the project perfectly. I attached the lace to the front of the pocket and flapped the top corner of the pocket over and secured it underneath the large heart, that had been distressed and mounted onto a scalloped heart shaped mat.
The top and side edge of the pocket was decorated with a heart border die and a few mini pearls were added to them. I created the stick pin using a heart shaped pearl pin threaded with seam binding, a rose and several small pearls, and attached it to the heart. A couple of extra die cuts adorned  the card.
The sentiment is from set I've had in my stash for years and it was perfect for this card.
A close up of the heart and the lace on the tag.
 Using a tag gave me the opportunity to use the smaller hearts on the collage sheet. I backed the tag with a doily die cut which is one of my favorite dies. The tag was also trimmed with paper lace around the edge, seam binding and a rose that had some 'Stickles' treatment, at the top of the tag.


The tag top.
The pocket card with the tag peeping out of it!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and reading about my first creation with Sugar Creek Hollow. Do pop over to visit my Teamies who are listed under the SCH Badge, and take a look at their amazing creations!

I hope you will be inspired to join in this challenge!

Products used on this card:

  • Collage Sheet from My Artistic Adventures
  • Seam Binding - Turquoise
  • Stickles
  • Memory Box Die - Madera corner
  • Memory Box Die - Heart Border
  • Cheery Lynn Die - Doily
  • Joy Die - Birds and Heart
  • Sizzix Hearts #2 and Hearts Scalloped #2
  • Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Tag and Bookplates Die
  • Stampin Up - Soft Suede Ink Pad
  • Hero Arts Old French Writing H2365 Stamp
  • From the Heart Sentiment from my stash
  • Paper Roses
  • Lace, pearls and pin from my stash

I am entering my card into the following Challenges:



24 comments:

  1. A stunning vintage card Moz and so beautifully embellished! Lovely soft colors and the lace is gorgeous.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the hearts and pink colors...it's such a sweet card :D!

    Thank you so much for joining us over at Fashionista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Moz! Beautiful first DT card; I love every detail especially the turned-down corner. Nice post, too, with great photos. So happy to be on the team with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a most beautiful card Moz. Exquisite detailing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous Moz, love the pinned ribbon and folded corner, looking forward to seeing more of your projects
    hugs and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, this is stunning, Moz, I love it. Well done. Much Love Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the details and design. Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely cards.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Card Moz!! Congrats on your new DT!! You will love it at Sugar Creek Hollow! I just love love how you used the hearts in your design!! Stunning!!
    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - this is absolutely exquisite! a work of art!
    well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love it!! Your use of Heather's images are perfect and love all the die cut details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a most unusual card Moz - its really clever and a very worthy first DT project. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner. Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pocket card and I love how you did the stick pin! You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pocket card Moz. Love how you gather the ribbon with the pin, very unique. Thanks so much for becoming my newest follower, I have just signed up to follow you too.
    Wish you a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! I love how you turned back one edge of the card. The flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining in on my Flowers and More Flowers challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Moz! Firstly congrats on your design team position! You really can keep a secret! And how is that card for your first post as DT! Totally over the top beautiful with so many gorgeous elements! I just love those die cut doves at the bottom! Congrats again Moz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful card Moz. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, hugs Jenny x (p.s. it really helps if you link to the card not just your blog when entering as we don't want to miss seeing your entry xx)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello mos i have just been looking at the cards for the inky chicks challange,would like to say what a lovely card you have done. craft hugs bluebell-flowerwood.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card - So beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. One of your best cards ever Moz and a great card to debut in your new DT post.
    I love all the little extras you have added . Well done

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for leaving some love on my blog. All I can say is WOW, I don't know which is my favourite. They are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow Moz, this card is absolutely stunning. Just love the shabby chicness thereof. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! absolutely stunning!beautiful work!Thanks for joining us at Kraftyhands this month would love to see you join us again soon.
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  23. absolutely stunning, Moz. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz