Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hero Arts Daisies

This technique came out of a stamping magazine I read awhile ago.
You stamp the image using black ink and then stamp another using Versamark and clear embossing powder. Both onto white card stock. The clear embossed card has a black pad rubbed over it and then the excess ink wiped off the embossing, leaving the ink in the 'daisies'. Because the black ink is so invasive, you have to be really sure that you have covered and embossed well or it will creep into the cracks and show up against the white. This happened to me and you can see it on the white card, but I was not unhappy with it. It adds character to the card, in my opinion. You then cut each card in half and marry them up as I have done below and mount the two pieces onto a black square and onto the card front.

Very different and most effective I think. The sentiment is one made by Country Crafts. I love that it is so neat and unfussy and I hope Joan makes many more of these lovely round images.

Thanks so much for popping in!

4 comments:

  1. Striking! Thanks for sharing the technique Moz.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly a lovely technique, well done Moz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moz, you've used the technique SO beautifully!
    Love the black & white combination & design.
    The sentiment in a circle is the perfect finishing touch.
    Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz