Monday, February 25, 2013

Sweet Tilda with Rose

Tilda with Rose
Magnolia's Tilda images are fantastic to color as there is a lot you can do with the image, but in my opinion, does not always have to reach the 'overloaded' look.

I kept the coloring simple, and die cut it with the Spellbinders Floral Oval die. The paper with roses on was just perfect for this image and because it was busy I did not add any more flowers or ribbon. Perhaps I should have, but I felt Less was More with this card.

I punched out a strip of dark contrasting card with a MS border punch and used my favorite tag with sentiment, which fitted between the borders beautifully. I finished the card off with these lovely metal corners from Paola, the 'Magnolia Queen' in South Africa. 

I hope I get a gold star from her for this effort, although she will ask - '.... where are the flowers, ribbon, bling and Stickles??' It may well lift this card from mediocre to drop dead gorgeous........??

Thanks for the visit!

5 comments:

  1. I realy like the look of this card! Its put together so nicely Moz

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow girlfriend, i really dont think that this lovely carded needed any of the extra dreck that i always have to add to my cards, lovely coloring and well put together with a beautiful clean design, stunning!
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the card ... the pink are so spring like and here in the northern USA we have lots of snow right now .. so it does brighten things up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with gorgeous colouring of Tilda Moz! The DP is also one of my favorite papers.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz