Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fancy Folds



The last of the 'fancy folds' class was this Upright Z-Fold card.
This is another very simple economical card that uses up left overs as well. 
I used a stamp from a Unity flower set on this card, but in class we used a Hero Arts stamp called Silhouette Spray, which is very similar to this image. It was stamped using  Versamark Watermark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. The Martha Stewart Garden Rail punch as used on the base of the white card as well as the edge of the sentiment tag on the inside of the card, which I never took a photo of...;0((
The background white with black flowers, is from a set from W & M. Lovely pack of papers - Black and White theme.  A charm and pearl was added together with some pretty ribbon and that finished off the card perfectly. Another big hit!!


13 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning Moz! Fantastic design in black and white. The charm, pearl and bow add so much elegance to this card.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was amazing and so sinple...absolutely love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty!! Have to try it!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so beautiful how do you make this one?what was the measurement I am new in this hobby .thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is very beautiful! Naturally I wanted and did make the card but...
    had a real problem with keeping the card standing. The circle I used didn't
    help. What was the size? Tried everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a Martha Stewart punch - 1", layered behind with the 1" deckle edged MS punch. The trick is not to glue the circles down, but to put a foam backed sticky square in the center of the circle back and attach to the card. This enables the circle to act as a 'latch' that the top of the card can slip under and therefore hold it in place. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  7. Please post the measurements for the black card stock and the scores. I have unsuccessfully made two cards that don't stand up. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing. I WILL be making this. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. Your color choice, design and the style is so stunning! This is what art is all about! You did a spectacular job! Thank you so much for sharing. I know that I will do a version of your design. Consider my efforts a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I absolutely love the fold of this card and have tried to replicate it but with no luck!! Would it be possible to get the measurements and score line from you? You can email me at Cheri926@aol.com. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card and made it. It is so pretty. My question is I cannot get mine to stand up. It keeps falling.
    I was wondering if u had any tips.

    Thanks,
    Cathy
    artiecray@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz