Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Background Technique

I love background techniques and am
always keen to try new ones out.
Not all are successful, but this one I love!
You paint the base of your card with Gesso. Don't be too particular about getting it smooth as a slight roughness adds to the texture. When it is dry, take Airondack Alcohol Inks - here I used Lettuce and below, Cranberry and ponce it onto the Gesso with the applicator. It comes out splotchy because of the Gesso. When the ink is dry, run it through the Cuttlebug. Here I used the Stylized Flowers folder. Swipe the raised embossing with a Versamark pad, again don't be too particular about covering it all. Apply embossing powder to the inked areas. it will stick to the card in places as well, so remove with a soft brush. If some stays behind, no problem, it will add to the overall effect. Heat set the ep.
Here I cut and mounted the background onto a plain white card. The sentiment is a Verve one again - they have lovely verses - cut out using a Marriane die. These verses I bought from Sharon Johnson as Verve do not ship to South Africa (again!). Sharon has lovely goodies in her store. Visit her, you will be surprised and she is so obliging and very efficient, never mind inspirational on top of it all.
This is the Cranberry version.
I used two lots of ribbon. The base ribbon is plain white organza ribbon and the top scalloped one is from Paola. Added a pearl to each strip end.
I love this background technique and will use it again.
Not for everyone as it has several steps and some messy, but all part of the fun!
Try it and let me know what you think.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz