Monday, February 7, 2011

Sally's Birthday Card


In my previous post I mentioned my dear friend Sally. It was her 79th Birthday last week, and Maureen arranged a lovely tea party for her. She was so thrilled! Once again, she came loaded with really lovely cards she had made and shared her 'how to' with us all. Because she is so innovative, I had to find a different card for her, knowing that she will work it out and add it to her repertoire. This started as an experiment and ended up as a card. It is called a slider card. The butterfly slides up and down the slot as you tip the card. I really is very simple to make. You need to cut a slot into the card, then make the sliding mechanism by using a coin. I used the 50c piece. Onto the coin I attached foam backed tape, cut to the width of the slot and stuck it onto the coin. I then slipped it under the slot and attached the butterfly to the sticky side on top of the coin. That's all it is really.
The Nestie cut out was using the Beaded Ovals, which I left on the card and sponged Distress Ink, Wild Honey over it all. Using a shimmer board with these inks is so stunning. This I had already done and whipped it out of my stand-by box, so the rest of the card had to be styled around this colour scheme. I placed it onto an embossed background using the Tim Holtz Texture Fades folder, a butterfly from the Cuttlebug Butterflies die and embossing duo, then sponged the raise area with Distress Tattered Rose. Found some ribbon that would bring it all together and glued some pearls onto the beads of the oval.
She was fascinated and I am sure she went home, satisfied with the lovely eats, great company and a new technique to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz