Friday, October 1, 2010

Penny Black Brush Strokes Stamps

I have had a set of these stamps for a while now, but because I chose to go with alcohol markers instead of water markers, I have been at a loss regarding inking these stamps up. The I read that you just colour the rubber with the markers and just before stamping, spritz with a whiff of the solvent, then stamp. Well, I was thrilled that it worked, and although I need more practice, I will use this method again. At least I got to use the stamps!!
I received a lovely birthday card from Margie Edwards using this Cuttlebugged 'recipe' and was so taken with it, that I had to case it. The coloured board I stamped on is a paint chip sample from the hardware store.I just love collecting these chips as you can build up a lovely selection of colours for *free*!!
I hope you feel inspired by this idea, as it helps use up all these scraps that we eventually run out of space for. lol!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz