Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Birthday DH!

Today my DH turns 60! Where have all the years gone? The photograph I used above was taken when he was doing his national service. When he completed that, he returned home and bought his first 'Beetle' and he has had several since. I found this stamp from Great Impressions and the 60th birthday piece caught my eye a few months ago, whilst browsing in a craft shop. I kept the card very simple. I copied the photograph in black and white and used Distress Inks to age it a little. Stamped the bug with the same inks. Used a CHF background stamp with the Tea Dye ink and then used the same background and Vintage Photo and pressed the 60th 'thingy' onto the stamp. I wanted it to be a little darker than the card, so that it stood out. I wrapped the card around a brown liner - I used this method as I needed to hide the back of the photo and the nestie cut out. I then printed out this amazing sentiment onto cream paper and inserted it into the card......


Love is the warmth that fills my heart whenever I see your face –
Love is the comfort I always find in the circle of your embrace.
Love is the pride that helps me to be all the things you expect of me...
Love is the feeling of closeness that comes from the little things we share –
Love is the beauty of knowing you're near and you understand and care.
Love is the world made fresh and new.
Love is the joy I've found with you.


 This post is scheduled, so I will have to fill you in with his reaction. I'm sure he will be tickled pink! Tomorrow we will be having our mid year gathering of the Roberts clan and will celebrate his birthday with a Christmas in July theme. My gift to him is a week-end in August down in CT with the boys and girls. That was his dearest wish and I am so happy that I have been able to do this for him. He is a wonderful man, and I am so very blessed.....

3 comments:

  1. A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your husband and i am sure he is gonna love this Moz
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card:) We look forward to having you both in our new home very soon! Lots of love x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such lovely words am sure your hubby had a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz